UT Austin Drama for Schools is an organization that believes in the power of learning in and through the arts.
We strive to equip PreK-12 classroom teachers with the tools to feel empowered and prepared to use creative teaching in their spaces of learning. We work interdisciplinary across theatre, dance, visual art, and music and with teachers and students of all abilities.
- Full day, half day, and after-school trainings for teachers, administrators, and community members interested in the application of arts-based pedagogical strategies across the curriculum.
- Short term (could be a one day training) and long term, intentional partnerships between UT and interested communities/school districts;
- Residencies in schools with Drama for Schools Teaching Artists focusing on topics that meet the teacher and school’s need. These residencies aim to meet objectives in both the art form and the core content area, increase student engagement and multi-modal meaning making.
In long term partnerships Drama for Schools also:
- Provides partnering school districts ongoing data on projected outcomes;
- Shares program outcomes with community stakeholders and at related state and national conferences.
We also offer a 3-4 day summer intensive called the DFS Summer Institute, which began in 2010. We would love to see you there!
If you are interested in learning more about DFS email Lara Dossett at email@example.com!